July 23, 2023 | Parish Update
The Kingdom of Heaven Now, Consoling the Heart of Jesus at Salt & Light Grow Group, and Touring Waterleaf Women’s Center
View the full posting at our Flocknote email (don’t forget to join so you can receive the update via email).
From the P.I.T. (Pastor In Training)
Did you know that in St. Matthew’s Gospel the word “kingdom” is used 50 times? This includes the 28 times that he mentions the “Kingdom of Heaven”. Maybe St. Matthew wanted us to know not only about the Kingdom of Heaven, but also about our King! In our Gospel this weekend, we hear several parables of the Kingdom of Heaven, which leads me to the following reflection.
When we talk about Heaven, we can have a tendency to only point to the future. We are not in Heaven, so it is tempting to either wait for the time when the Lord calls us there or keep it out of sight and mind. We fail to see what is being offered to us in the Gospel today, namely the reality that the Kingdom of Heaven is also here and now.
Through his parables, Jesus reveals that the Kingdom of Heaven is not something we are waiting for, but something we are called to live in right now. He explains the parable of the weeds in the field by saying, “He who sows good seed is the Son of Man, the field is the world, the good seed the children of the Kingdom. The weeds are the children of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.” We are called to respond to his Word and live as children of the Kingdom of God here on earth. Salvation begins now, not when we get to Heaven. Jesus desires to give us fullness of life in our daily lives as we await Heaven with hope. Even in the face of temptation and hardship, we are called to bear fruit in our lives and to bring others to experience this same joy.
A few chapters later in Matthew’s Gospel, spoiler alert, Jesus will hand the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to Simon Peter, who is appointed as the rock and foundation of the Church. The Church is an integral part of the Kingdom of Heaven and provides us with graces and sacraments that give us much needed strength to follow Jesus. The Church had humble beginnings, much like the mustard seed in the parables, and yet it is now a place of refuge for all to find shelter.
Let us not ignore the Kingdom of Heaven, believing that it is something we will only experience in eternity, but instead respond to the Lord’s invitation to live fully with him in the present moment. May we experience the Kingdom of Heaven here and now at Our Lady of Mercy.
Did you miss one? View past news from the P.I.T. here.
THIS COMING WEEK
Consuming Fire 7/25
- Calling all young adults, come and join our Consuming Fire Young Adult Grow Group on Tuesday 7/11th at 7pm for community and faith building. Reach out to email@example.com to get connected with the group.
- Ladies, come and join our fitness class, SoulCore! Nourish your body, mind, and soul with prayer-inspired workouts. Classes are Wednesdays at 7pm throughout the summer. Get physically and spiritually fit this summer at a SoulCore class at OLM!
- Meet the SoulCore fitness leaders, view testimonies, FAQs, registration, and further details at this link.
Salt and Light 7/26
- Join Salt and Light Grow Group for a 10-week small group retreat that delves into the simplicity and grandeur of Consoling spirituality. This retreat is based on the popular book by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝑱𝒆𝒔𝒖𝒔.
Gain new insights into how you can console Jesus; learn the keys to the great sanctity of the saints and blessed like Therese of Lisieux, Faustina Kowalska, and Mother Teresa; and have all the tools you’ll need to “become a saint, a great saint, and quickly.” Check out olmercy.com/saltandlight/ for further details and registration. Looking forward to seeing you @ OLM on Wednesdays for this awesome study!
Prayer Ministry 7/29 & 7/30
- Receive Prayer Ministry after all the Mass times the weekend of 7/29 and 7/30! Prayer ministry is an opportunity for those in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing or with a specific intention. Come as an individual, as a couple, or as. a family and receive prayer for yourself or request prayers for someone in need. Listen and receive the prayers while being open to the Holy Spirit’s movement. Trained prayer ministers are available in the back of Church.
Simbang Gabi Filipino Street Food Fest 7/30
- Filipinos eat at least five times a day! Eating is our past time! Find out why – at the next Filipino Street Food Fair at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) on Sunday, July 30 from 10am to 2pm.
- TICKETS are $1 each, will be sold on-site and are good towards purchase of food, drinks, and all other products. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Simbang Gabi 2023 and other outreach projects of the Simbang Gabi Ministry.
- Interested in selling food products during this event? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) continues on 7/30 at the 10am Mass
- What is CLOW? The Children’s Liturgy of the Word is a beautiful and meaningful experience designed specifically for our young ones. Through storytelling, interactive discussions, and age-appropriate activities, children have the opportunity to deepen their connection to faith and spirituality. The scriptures are brought to life in a manner that resonates with their hearts and minds, allowing them to grasp the timeless teachings and wisdom contained within. By creating a space that is inviting and inclusive, we hope to instill a love for God’s Word within each child, nurturing their spiritual growth and helping them discover the beauty and significance of their own faith journey. Sometime after the beginning of Mass, Father invites all children to participate in CLOW. The children joyfully return to rejoin their families, just before the Eucharistic Prayers take place, ensuring a shared celebration of faith for the entire congregation.
Weekly Praying for Priests
- A prayer group has been praying for priests in front of the Blessed Sacrament weekly for over a year now, as well as on First Fridays. With Lent approaching, these prayer gatherings could be an offering of prayer/sacrifice. Even if you can’t join the group inside the church, you can pray wherever you are at during the times below.
- Here are the days/hours:Wednesdays at 10:30am – Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy with meditations for priests, Thursdays at 12:30pm – Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy with meditations for priests,First Friday of the month following 12pm Mass – Stations of the Cross with meditations for priests in the narthex.
Restore weekly confidential meetings
- Restore is a ministry that accompanies men so as to win the battle against the struggles of living a lust-free life.
- The ministry meets at a weekly (anonymous) meeting where men lean on each other for support and accountability and share ideas about strengthening their resolve to stay on God’s path of chastity. All men are welcome, whether you have been free of the addiction for many years or struggle with it every single day. Though the meetings are weekly, at the last weekly meeting of the month, men are guided by a licensed Catholic therapist. If you are ready to start breaking free from the struggles of living chastely and want to Restore your life email Restore.email@example.com to find out more information on when and where we meet or call 331-684-7415.
Catholic Sports Camps 7/26 thru 8/1
- Founded by Fr. Burke Masters, pastor at St. Isaac’s in Hinsdale and Cubs Chaplain, Catholic Sports Camps wants to bring the love of Christ to kids and KIDS LOVE SPORTS! Our camps offer a very unique experience as young athletes enter an environment intentionally created to help them grow in holiness and virtue, while learning high-level training in their sport. Register at catholicsportscamps.org
- Tennis Camp at Joliet Catholic Academy 7/31 – 8/1
- Baseball & Softball Camp at Montini High School 7/26 – 7/27
Biblical Institute in the Diocese of Joliet (BIDJ) Preview Events 7/24, 7/31 & onwards
- Interested in learning the Bible but aren’t sure if this is the program for you? Come to a BIDJ Preview Night! You’ll learn a lot about this tremendous diocesan program – and a few things that will help you with Scripture right now. Jesus invited potential disciples to “come and see”!
- At the preview event, you will meet a BIDJ instructor, talk to current students, see the resources used, get a feel for a typical class, ask questions about BIDJ and Bible Study in general, and learn about the Catholic approach to Scripture and how this program uses it.
- Come out to any of the following preview gatherings; all are from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Monday, July 24 Holy Ghost Parish, Wood Dale
- Monday, July 31 St. Piux X Parish, Lombard
- Monday, August 7 Ascension Parish, Oak Brook Terrace
- Tuesday, August 8 St Mary Immaculate, Plainfield
- Monday, August 14 Visitation Parish, Elmhurst
- Monday, August 21 Immaculate Conception Parish, Elmhurst
- Tuesday, August 22 Holy Family Parish, Shorewood
- Tuesday, September 5 St. Mary Immaculate Parish, Plainfield
- Monday, September 11 Visitation Parish, Elmhurst
- For more information such as registration and dates of classes about the Biblical Institute of the Diocese of Joliet, check out their website at this link or connect with Dr. Joan Gorski, Biblical Institute Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-698-8961
Quo Vadis Days 7/30 thru 8/2
- Please spread the word of the dynamic Quo Vadis Days on 7/30 through 8/2 run by the Vocation Offices of the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Diocese of Joliet. During this 4-day/3-night camp at the Mundelein Seminary, young men ages 13 to 18 will participate in powerful discussions, outdoor activities, sports, daily Mass, and Liturgy of the Hours.
- Forms and payment are due in the Vocation Office no later than Wednesday, 7/26th.
- Please click on the links below to register and pay early. Spots fill up quickly! If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Camp at email@example.com. Thank you so much for giving your son this wonderful opportunity to grow in his faith.
- Please fill out the following two forms.
A Behind the Scenes Look at Waterleaf Women’s Center 7/31
- We pray that you’ll join Our Lady of Mercy’s Walking With Moms In Need Ministry for an inside look and guided tour at Waterleaf Women’s Center!
- Find our how an ultrasound works, walk through a typical appointment, and meet with some of the staff while you enjoy some refreshments during our Q&A!
- This event takes place on July 31st at 6pm. Please meet at Waterleaf Women’s Center which is located at 3055 E. New York Street
- Please RSVP by July 28th to Lydia Schmitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
PADS Hesed House Monthly Service Day 8/1
- Stop by the atrium (at the main entrance) to select any of the “wish-list” items on the PADS Hesed House Board which will be used to prepare meals for 250 guests at the Hesed House homeless shelter.
Drop off the wish list items before all Masses on 7/29 & 7/30 in time for OLM’s commitment of the first Tuesday of each month.
- If you prefer to donate monetarily, thank you for your graciousness! Donate via the online giving portal and select “Hesed House” or make checks payable to Our Lady of Mercy notIng on the memo it is for “Hesed House-PADS.”
- Interested in volunteering? Please connect with Maybird D’Silva at email@example.com or click here for more information.
Knights of Columbus Blood Drive 8/5
- Donate blood Saturday 8/5th from 8am to 12pm at the Knights of Columbus Council #12005 Blood Drive. Every donor will save up to 3 lives! While appointments are greatly appreciated, walk-ins are welcome. You can register ahead of time at this link.
- Please make sure to eat a healthy meal and drink plenty of water before donating. Also please bring a photo ID.
Charismatic Healing Mass 8/5
- On Saturday, 8/5 at 6pm is the Charismatic Healing Mass. A healing Mass is a normal Mass, but it has a special focus on God’s healing power; this will be reflected in the songs, prayers, and scripture readings. If you’re in need of God’s healing grace, come to the Charismatic Healing Mass.
Women Volunteers Needed for Dominican Literacy Center – Training is on
8/15, 8/22, 8/24
- The Dominican Literacy Center in Aurora will train new tutor volunteers for its literacy program in August. Female volunteers (with high school diplomas) are trained to help women students learn to read, write, and speak English. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, once a week, from September through May, at 260 Vermont St., Aurora (behind St. Therese Church).
- Tutors do not need to speak Spanish or have teaching experience, but all volunteers must attend 3 training sessions and view several training videos online. The next training dates are August 15, 22, and 24, from 6pm to 8:30pm. To volunteer, email Alison Brzezinski at Alison@dominicanliteracycenter.org. For more information, visit www.dominicanliteracycenter.org or call 630-898- 4636. The Center is not handicap accessible.
Catholic Charities Back to School Fair 8/9
- Catholic Charities’ Back to School Fairs help prepare children from low-income households for a new school year by providing a variety of services, including free school supplies! The Back to School Fair will be held as a drive-through. Pre-registration for the Fair is mandatory. Please spread the word to families that belong to DuPage County. The fair is on Wednesday 8/9th from 11am to 6pm at the DuPage County Fairgrounds located at 2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton. Share this flyer with others that have details and QR code for the registration.
Ministry Expo 8/20
- Save the Date for the Ministry Expo on Sunday 8/20th held after all the Mass times where you can check out the Ministries and Groups at Our Lady of Mercy! See how our parish can be here for you spiritually, physically, and mentally.
Ministry leaders, if you did not receive an email from Zara to sign up to reserve a table, please connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bible Study on Presence The Mystery of the Eucharist with Eucharistic Miracles Exhibit 8/22
- Bible Study on Tuesday evenings resumes on 8/22nd, which kicks off with the study on “Presence The Mystery of the Eucharist” accompanied with the “Eucharistic Miracles Exhibit!” How exciting!
- Sign up now at this link.
- For any questions, please connect with Joe Wiacek or Joe Glasgow at OLMBiblestudies@gmail.com or Shirley Staples email@example.com on the exhibit.
- With beautiful film-making and powerful teaching, the PRESENCE series will move your heart to dive deeper into the mystery of Jesus’ greatest gift to us —the HOLY EUCHARIST.This Augustine Institute study explores the truth and beauty of Christ’s real presence in the Eucharist, from its origins in Sacred Scripture to its profound role in the life of the Church and its members.To accompany us on this study so as to go on a deeper dive into the Holy Eucharist, we will be exhibiting “The Eucharistic Miracles of the World.”Register soon for this unique Bible Study experience! We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday 8/22nd.All you need to bring is your Bible, a study guide will be provided where you can jot down your answers or notes from the Bible Study.
Golf for a Good Cause! Catholic Charities “A Swing & A Prayer” 8/24
- Register now for a day of Golf to support the life-saving work of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Joliet.
- Taking place on Thursday 8/24 at Cog Hill Golf & Country Club at 11am. Early bird pricing of $250/golfer includes 18 holes of golf with cart, grab and go lunch, drinks on the course, cocktail hour, buffet dinner and on-course contests with prizes!
- Reserve your spot now and golf for an amazing cause at this link!
MAGNIFY Adoration Night 8/30
- This summer season, deepen your relationship with Jesus by discovering the healing power of eucharistic adoration, praise, and worship at MAGNIFY. Contemplate in silence the scriptural reflection, Confession, and prayer ministry are opportunities for spiritual nourishment, finding peace and solace in the presence of Jesus. Bring your little ones along so as to be filled with wonder and awe as they encounter the profound love of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. See you on Wednesday, 8/30th at 7pm.
OCIA Begins in September!
- Are you interested in becoming Catholic or learning more about the process to become Catholic? Or are you curious about what initiation for adults means?
Our blessed Lord Jesus Christ said to Matthew “Follow me” and he rose and followed him. For Catholics, we respond in a similar way. The Christian way of life and becoming Catholic goes through a process of initiation, which is falling in love with Jesus and becoming His disciple. Through weekly meetings, we strive to help people learn how to respond to the prompting of God in their lives.
The best way to learn is by doing Catholic things and hanging around other Catholics. The way to practice being a Catholic and enter into this process is through entering a way of life, as an apprentice learns from a master and that master’s community.
Our blessed Lord Jesus is our master and becoming Catholic is a lot like being His apprentices. We call this process the Order of Christian Initiation for Adults often referred to as OCIA. It involves encountering the Word of God through the liturgies and personal study, engaging in a vibrant community at Our Lady of Mercy, worship with fellow believers in Christ, learning to pray and be of service to others.
- Meetings will take the form of classes on Monday evenings led by our pastor, Fr. Michael Kearney and parochial vicar, Fr. Frank Pusateri and an invitation to fellowship gatherings on Thursday evenings starting in September.
- If you are interested in being Catholic or know of someone who is interested, take the next step in responding to God’s call by completing the form on our webpage.
Mondays with Monica & Augustine
- Are you a disciple in Christ who have loved ones that have fallen away from the faith? Please prayerfully discern about helping the upcoming new prayer group, Mondays With Monica & Augustine. Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Join the OLM Mixed Bowling League! (August through May)
- You need not be a good bowler. You only need to come out and enjoy some safe time out with fellow parishioners for one Friday a month. If you have thought about joining a league, now is the time to give it a try. There are 4 players to a team, but we will build a team for <4 players who wish to join. fees are $17person per month. the league will be one fridaymonth from august through may, skipping december. if you have questions andor would like join league, please contact dan panozzo at email@example.com or call 815-302-4111. Come on out and join the fun!
Family Faith Formation Registration
- Calling all parents with children in grades Kindergarten through 12th Grade, please consider participating in the Family Faith Formation this year.
- If you have already made the decision to participate in the Family Faith Formation opportunities, we are thrilled to have you on board. To secure your spot, we invite you to register right away by clicking on the following link. Your spiritual journey awaits!
Save the Date for Alpha on Thursdays starting 9/7
- We all know someone who is exploring life, faith, and meaning; invite them to Alpha!
- Or if you’ve never experienced Alpha at OLM, join the Fall session. Connect with new people. Watch an episode on a question of faith. Share your thoughts and hear from others.
- Alpha is a series of group conversations that explore the basics of the Christian faith in a friendly environment. It’s a place to connect with people, share your own questions, say anything you like or nothing at all. Everyone’s welcome.
- We’d love to hear your perspective! You’re invited, no matter your background or beliefs. Various pathways this fall are In-person, Spanish, Young Adults, and Family Alpha. We hope to see you on Thursday evenings at 6:30pm starting 9/7th. Find out more or register now at this link.
Waterleaf Women’s Center Run for Life — 5K Run & Walk 9/9
- Take part in Waterleaf’s Run for Life at the Waubonsee Lake Park on Saturday September 9th at 8am. Choose between 5K Run, 2.2 mile walk, or kids run. Register now to support the life-saving work of Waterleaf Women’s Center at this link.
- This event features:
- Run for Life performance tees for all who register by August 14, 2023
- Goodie Bag for all participants
- On-site registration on the day of the race starts at 7am
- Professional and accurate timing by Race Time, Inc.
- Water stations along the course & snacks at the finish!
- Finisher medals for all participants
Save the Date for Children Ages 4 to 12 & Families TALENT SHOW 9/16
- The spotlight is calling your name! We extend a special invitation to all children aged 4 to 12 and their families to showcase their unique gifts and talents at our family-friendly talent show. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this unforgettable event!
- There are 20 spots available, so we encourage you to secure your place by signing up now. Simply click on this link to register your family-friendly act and reserve your moment in the limelight.
- Should you have any inquiries or need further information, please feel free to reach out to Justin and Laura Reyes, our dedicated point of contact, at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be delighted to assist you.
- Join us as we create wonderful memories together on the stage. We can’t wait to witness your incredible talents and celebrate the vibrant spirit of our community. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to shine!
Save the Date for REBOOT! with Chris Stefanick 9/27
- Mark your calendars for a life changing evening. On Wednesday 9/27 @ 7pm, internationally acclaimed speaker, author, and TV host, Chris Stefanick, will be bringing “Reboot!” to OLM.
God did not create us just to “get by” in this world; He created us to live life, and live it to the full. Come learn more about the beauty of our faith, the love that Jesus has for YOU, and how we are meant to live out this JOY in our daily lives.
Reboot! is suitable for ages 12 and up, so bring the whole family, and bring a friend. We challenge you now to think of one person to invite, and get your tickets; don’t think, just do! Whether you’re a lifelong Church goer, just rediscovering your faith, or have never heard of Jesus before, this is THE event for you! Register now for this life-changing event.
- Hear from Chris Stefanick through his show every Monday at 6pm; follow this link for the Chris Stefanick Show on FORMED!
Get free access to FORMED online; see the Free Online Resources below (or through their App).
You can also check him out on the myParish App, just click on the button “Real Life Catholic”
Health Updates on Father Don
- Please continue to keep Father Don in your prayers. To keep updated on how he is doing, please check the following CaringBridge website.
Bishop Hick’s Monthly Column
- Bishop Hicks’ monthly column for July is titled ” A Month to Refresh and Recharge.” Read his insightful column HERE.
- From time to time, there are phishing (SCAM) emails going out to members of the parish and staff claiming to be Father Michael.
Please note that Father Michael and Father Frank DO NOT send texts or emails asking for money or gift cards. If you receive a message appearing to be from Father Michael or Father James, please discard it, (any email that does not have “olmercy.com” is a fake email) and DO NOT SEND ANY ELECTRONIC MONETARY AID. No one on the staff will personally ask for money in whatever form (gift cards etc). If someone sends you a private message, asking for a donation of sorts, it’s undoubtedly a fake account. Please keep praying for us, and God bless you!
Our Lady of Mercy Garden of Hope, Love & Mercy
- The Justice & Peace Ministry, which has constructed a Community Garden on Our Lady of Mercy parish grounds and provided fresh produce over the past few months has had a fruitful season and looks forward to expanding in 2023. Produce from the garden has been donated to local organizations such as the Marie Wilkinson Food Pantry and Hesed House. Late-season plantings are still producing vegetables and herbs. The faithful volunteers have been pleased with the success of this very worthy cause. If you have a green thumb or wish to participate in the preparation and planting, watering, weeding, and harvesting in early spring and throughout the 2023 growing season, please contact Chris at 631-561-9722 or email@example.com or Ida at 630-605-6038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know We Have a Parish School?
- All Saints Catholic Academy (ASCA) located at 1155 Aurora Ave, Naperville is our parish school!
- Are you a parent with preschool, elementary, and middle school-aged children struggling with the antithetical Christian values the government schools are indoctrinating the children who attend government schools? You’re not alone.
- Join a growing number of OLM parents who have made the movement! Consider connecting with some of the families who have made the move from sending their child(ren) to public school to All Saints Catholic Academy.
- Connect with Patty Bajek at (630) 961-6125, or email@example.com to express your interest and schedule a personalized tour. Or peruse their website to explore your interest.
- Thank you for your support of our clothing drive. Your clothing donation, as well as your financial donations throughout the year, allows us to help our parishioners and neighbors in need. In 2022, we assisted 72 households, helping 185 men, women and children to remain in their homes or apartments in time of financial need.
- The ministry is always looking for volunteers to join our St. Vincent de Paul Society in assisting our neighbors in need. If you would like to volunteer or learn more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
- Check out the weekly Bulletin located here.
For the Hispanic Community
- Please proceed here for the OLM Hispanic Ministry’s upcoming events and resources.
Continúe aquí para conocer los próximos eventos y recursos del Ministerio Hispano de OLM.
- There will be Stations of the Cross in Spanish every 2nd Wednesday of the month after the 12pm Mass.
A partir de la próxima semana, habrá Estaciones de la Cruz en español cada segundo miércoles del mes después de la misa de las 12 pm.
A Note from the Intercessory Prayer Ministry
- How can we pray for you today?
There are times when life is overwhelming when all we have is questions. In those moments, hope can feel far away. The great thing about prayer is that it shifts our perspective toward the One who stands ready to listen. No matter what you’re facing, we’d love to pray with you. Submit your prayer requests at this link
- Prayer Ministry takes place monthly at MAGNIFY and on the last weekend of the month Mass times. Prayer ministry is an opportunity for those in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing or with a specific intention. Come as an individual, as a couple, or as. a family and receive prayer for yourself or request prayers for someone in need. Listen and receive the prayers while being open to the Holy Spirit’s movement. Trained prayer ministers are available.
Have you downloaded our myParish App yet?
- If you haven’t done so, we encourage you to download the Our Lady of Mercy app, available to download for iPhone and Android smartphones. Or text APP to 88202 to download.
- Stay connected with our parish throughout the week with instant notifications, an easy-to-access event calendar, and the ability to quickly reply to or share messages via Facebook or Twitter. Also enjoy a bunch of additional features like prayers, daily readings, helpful reminders to silence your phone before Mass or Confession, and much more.
OSV Giving Link Update
- Our online giving link has been updated by our provider (OSV), please be sure to update your bookmark, below is the link.
- The myParish App “Giving” button has been updated. Don’t have the myParish App yet? Text APP to 88202 to download! Receive this update, instant news, and get access to the parish calendar, daily readings, and Confession guide.
Grow Groups | We continue to launch Grow Groups, one group at a time.
Connect with email@example.com for any questions.
A MOTHER’S HEART GROW GROUP
Mission. A Mother’s Heart is a group for Catholic mothers with children ages 0-11 who are seeking to journey with other like-minded women of faith. Following the example of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, we strive to imitate her “little way” of growing in holiness through the lenses of motherhood and family.
Website. Proceed here for details.
Meets. Thursdays twice a month. For any of the following: book chats, podcast discussions, “Mom’s Night Out”, community service projects, fellowship, playgroups, prayer.
Connect. Reach out to Lydia Schmitt firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
CONSUMING FIRE YOUNG ADULT GROW GROUP
Mission. This group exists to grow a community that inspires and forms the young adult generation to be saints.
Website. Proceed here for details.
Meets. Tuesdays @ 7pm and twice a month for social gatherings.
Connect. Reach out to Mary Kubanda at email@example.com
SALT AND LIGHT GROW GROUP
Mission. “Encounter/Grow/Witness” is the threefold dimension of the Christian life. Once we encounter Jesus, we are then called to grow daily as His disciples. Grow Groups are one way Our Lady of Mercy is responding to our missionary identity where we are called to help parishioners grow continually in discipleship.
Website. Proceed here for details.
Meets. Wednesdays 7pm to 8:30pm
Connect. For more information, connect with Geri Capulong at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bonnie Ramirez at email@example.com.
VINE & BRANCHES GROW GROUP
Mission. Vine & Branches is a group at Our Lady of Mercy that offers support and belonging to individuals of any age or faith who are divorced or separated on the way to divorce.
Website. Proceed here for details
Meets. Wednesdays @ 7pm with social gatherings.
Connect. The group leaders are looking forward to hearing from you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to them.
Kim Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary LoGalbo email@example.com
Jim Marks firstname.lastname@example.org
GROW YOUR FAITH
FREE ONLINE RESOURCES In this section, you will find free conferences, webinars, and studies that you can freely take part in that can grow your faith.
FORMED.ORG Diving into the beauty of the Faith has never been easier: at home, on the go, or from any internet-connected device. Discover thousands of books, audio talks, movies, documentaries, and studies… there is something for every member of the family to help them grow closer to Christ and His Church
- Visit http://signup.formed.org/
- Enter our parish zip or name
- Enter your name and email
Check out our “Eucharist Resources” page to help us understand deeply the centrality of the Eucharist in our lives.
AMEN – CATHOLIC MEDITATION APP
From Augustine Institute comes this NEW AND FREE Catholic prayer app that inspires your daily conversation with God through faithful meditations and nourishing Scripture. There is also Family Content: Enjoy and share family-favorite audio from the series Brother Francis and the Jesus Stories. Please enjoy this latest offering from the Augustine Institute.
HALLOW – A CATHOLIC PRAYER & MEDITATION APP
Hallow is a Catholic prayer & meditation app that helps users deepen their relationship with God through contemplative prayer and strengthen one’s mental health in the process. Easy-to-use, audio-guided sessions anywhere from 1 to 60 minutes long. Pray your own way with a personalized prayer plan pulling from 3,000+ unique sessions including the Lectio Divina on the Daily Gospel, Rosary, Examen, Night Prayer, Calm & Humility “Praylists” and much more. Hallow Light is free. Hallow Plus is $5 per month ($60 per year). Sign up for either one here.
WORD ON FIRE
Explore the goodness, truth, and beauty of the faith!Did you know that you have complete access to Bishop Barron’s Word on Fire ENGAGE video library! Check out this link to watch any of the videos whenever you want without ever having to login.
Not sure where to start? How about checking out the short 5 episode series on The Eucharist This fresh look at the Eucharist brings to light its reality as sacred meal, the sacrifice necessary for communion with God, and the real presence of Christ.
BLESSED IS SHE
Blessed is She is a sisterhood of women who want to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ through their Catholic faith. They create beautiful and accessible resources, products, and experiences to deepen prayer and foster community, both online and in person.
THE CATHOLIC GENTLEMAN
Founded in 2013, The Catholic Gentleman has become one of the most recognizable online men’s apostolate. Each week hundreds of thousands of men around the world visit our site for the insightful articles and the highest-quality products designed to encourage a life of authentic manhood. Their mission: To inspire men to holiness
Looking for authentically Catholic content for men? Look no further than HeroicMen.com—the all-new, 100% FREE Catholic streaming platform for men.
Learn about your faith from today’s best Catholic speakers—and do it all from the convenience of home. Stream-on-demand from your phone or tablet, too, for quality Catholic content on the go. Get it all—for FREE – at HeroicMen.com
AQUINAS 101 FREE COURSES
Have you wanted to get to know St. Thomas Aquinas and his writings more so as to grow closer to Jesus? Sign up for any of the short and free courses at Aquinas 101 a project of the Thomistic Institute seeks to promote understanding of the thought of St. Thomas Aquinas, the eminent 13th-century philosopher, and theologian.
Aquinas is a masterful interpreter of reality. His writings assist us in answering perennial questions on topics like God, man, the natural world, law, and morality, and questions of special relevance to our time like the relationship between modern science and faith or pursuing happiness in the digital era.
PINTS WITH AQUINAS
Matt Fradd’s Pints with Aquinas is an online Catholic community of faith and truth… and maybe a pint or two. Check it out for long-form discussions, healthy debates, and teachings on the Catholic faith.
If you have physical, mental, emotional or spiritual health concerns or questions about end-of-life issues, funeral planning, journeying through grief, caregiving for a loved one or are homebound, please contact Jolene LeRoy RN Parish Nurse and Director of Pastoral Care for support and resources at email@example.com or 331-707-5380.
Do you find yourself struggling in overcoming your battle with pornography? Restore is a weekly (anonymous) meeting where men lean on each other for support and accountability and share ideas about strengthening our resolve to stay on God’s path of chastity. All men are welcome, whether you have been free of pornography addiction for many years or struggle with it every single day.If you are ready to start breaking free from the grips of pornography and want to Restore your life, email us at Restore.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information on when and where we meet or call 331-684-7415. Check out the website for FAQs and further details. Be encouraged; check out this Testimony.
WALKING WITH MOMS IN NEED
Pregnant and parenting moms in need are in our parishes and our neighborhoods. As Pope Francis reminds us, our parishes need to be “islands of mercy in the midst of a sea of indifference.” Everyone in the parish community should know where to refer a pregnant woman in need. Please see this infographic to be informed on how we are walking with Moms in need. Connect with Lydia Schmitt for further questions at email@example.com