October 16, 2020 | It’s the Mass Sign-Up Reminder and Weekly Update
Happy Fall Day! We pray to see you at Mass or at any of the following.
THIS COMING WEEK
Weekend Mass Links is live, these are live on Tuesday of each week
- Please sign-in ahead of time online at this link https://bit.ly/3he0WxJ so we can adequately prepare for all who are attending Mass.
- Father Don will be preaching at all the Masses this weekend!
- Let us know where you are tuning in from, we’d love to acknowledge you.
- The livestream of the Mass is courtesy of the following souls who have generously donated towards the livestream efforts, thank you so very much!
Janice Hurtado Aeppli
Jesse & Carol Bautista
RB Del Rosario
Kim & Allen Whitehouse
- If you are interested in sponsoring a Livestream of the Mass, please reach out to email@example.com. Cost is $750.
- For those that are feeling uncomfortable about being inside the Church but would like to receive Holy Communion, you can watch the Mass while in your car in the Parking Lot and then when it is time to receive Holy Communion, the parking attendants will guide you as to how to receive Jesus in the Eucharist.
Receiving the Eucharist on the Tongue
- Bishop Pates renewed permission for the faithful to resume receiving Holy Communion on the tongue. Please carefully review the following instructions if you would like to receive our Lord on the tongue rather than on the hands https://bit.ly/33lT5cc (scroll down to the middle of the webpage.)
World Mission Sunday this weekend
- There will be a basket in the narthex for World Mission Sunday. Bishop Pates invites us to ponder on how, “we are called personally to mission – especially at this time – to bring Christ’s love to those most forgotten around the world. Through the Pope’s own missionary society, you too can be sent out to all the ends of the earth – sent through your support of missionaries and those they serve. … This year, in response to the challenges to the Mission Church from the pandemic, I invite all of us in this diocese to respond in the most generous way you are able. As you do, I offer my sincere personal gratitude for your kind missionary heart, reaching out in love throughout Mission Month.” Here is the full invitation from the Bishop https://dioceseofjoliet.org/communications/newsdetail.php?id=158
EDGE Middle School Grades 6-8 registration
- Registration is now taking place! Check out the EDGE program for middle school youth and register online. Get all the details here https://bit.ly/2SiCZtD
- Parents and interested adults, can you help by serving as an EDGE Catechist? Please contact Dave if you are interested or need additional information, connect with him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Food Pantry on Weds 10/21st https://bit.ly/2DPCaVA
- Please spread the word on the Mobile Food Pantry this month. Share the attached link. If you have a Facebook account, share the following Facebook post, this is an easy way to help someone you may be unaware that is in need of food.
Women at the Well on Fri 10/23rd
- An evening of fellowship with women of the parish, centered on Scripture and living our faith is on Friday 10/23rd from 6:30pm – 8:30pm in Room 114. Connect with Joana Lopez email@example.com or Cindy Hapke firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Join the Rosary Group after daily Mass
- October is dedicated to honoring the Most Holy Rosary, so we encourage you to join us after all the daily Masses to pray this beautiful devotion.
Pilgrimage to Israel & Greece Informational Meeting on 10/24th & 10/25th
- Join Deacon Mike Plese on a pilgrimage to Israel & Greece, walking in the footsteps of Jesus and St. Paul on October 2021. Informational Meeting is on 10/24th @ 10am and 10/25th @ 6:45pm in Room 124. Call (855)842-8001 or go to proximotravel.com for any questions.
Holiday Pie Sale order by 10/25th
- The holiday pie sale is help our teens attending the summer mission trip! This year we are taking orders for our wonderful Holiday Pies and delivering them on the Saturday before Thanksgiving via a drive through pick-up in our parking lot. We are also donating pies to Hesed House as in the past!
- All orders must be returned by Sunday, October 25th to the R.E. Office located in the Parish Life Center. Pick-up of Pies is Sat. Nov. 21st from 10-11am.
- Details and order form are located here https://olmercy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Annual-Pie-Sale-2020-Parish-Order-Form-1.pdf
- Help Hesed House. You can help the residents at Hesed House by purchasing a Apple Hi Pie ($17) OR Pumpkin Pie ($16) and we will take care of delivering it to Hesed House for you.
Magnify on Weds 10/28th https://bit.ly/33ZPv8b
- A special time for the children, family, friends to adore Jesus, meditate on a scriptural reflection with an opportunity to go to Confession; come out to Magnify. Join Father James as he leads us in adoring Jesus, accompanied by Josh Goodman. Father James will be hearing Confessions up until sometime before Benediction after he leads us in a scriptural reflection.
Trunk-or-Treating with the Saints on 10/30th
- Please save the date for October 30 from 6-8PM for our first ever “Trunk-or-Treating with the Saints” event! Come trunk-or-treat as you learn about different saints, get a treat & have some fun! Wear your Halloween costumes and a face mask covering! Registration is required! Please see our website for registration and contact our DRE at email@example.com if you are interested in decorating your trunk to represent a saint!
- For more details and registration, please proceed here https://olmercy.com/trunk-or-treating-with-the-saints/
Forming Your Conscience Before the Upcoming Elections on 11/4th
- For summary and highlights to the USCCB Faithful Citizenship document proceed here https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/faithful-citizenship/forming-consciences-for-faithful-citizenship-part-two
- For complete document. https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/faithful-citizenship/upload/forming-consciences-for-faithful-citizenship.pdf
- For the Illinois Catholic Conference brochure. https://www.ilcatholic.org/wp-content/uploads/Political_Guidelines_Brochure_ENGLISH_FINAL_2016.pdf
St. Vincent de Paul Clothing Drive on 11/7th & 11/8th https://bit.ly/2IARXd3
- Were you hoping to clean out your closets? The St. Vincent de Paul clothing drive 11/7th & 11/8th is a great incentive to do so! Click here for items they will accept (whether in good or bad condition) https://bit.ly/2IARXd3
- Your donations go to the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Shops where much of your donations are given away free to needy families in the community. Some are sold at reasonable prices at the thrift shops so that needy families can shop with dignity. “Proceeds” from the thrift shops go into a general assistance fund where St. Vincent de Paul Conferences at the churches help families with rent, mortgage or utility assistance.
Catholic Moms Free Online Summit 11/13th & 11/15th
- Don’t miss this unprecedented FREE event for mothers and grandmothers! The Catholic Moms Summit is FREE, online, and includes some of the most trusted and loved Catholic women experts as they go deep in to the issues mothers and grandmothers face every day. It will be filled with powerful and practical sessions on everything from parenting, to prayer, work/life balance, health, and much more! Over 80 presenters; Danielle Bean, Kimberly Hahn, Lisa Brenninkmeyer, Lila Rose, Pam Barnhill, Lisa Hendey, Crystalina Evert, Elizabeth Foss, just to name a few. To learn more please click here https://bit.ly/3nS9SMx
Undy Sunday by Catholic Charities
- Due to the COVID pandemic, Catholic Charities is requesting cash donations and/or purchases from their Undy Sunday Amazon Wish List which can be made through their website at https://catholiccharitiesjoliet .org/undy-sunday/
- Cash donations will be used to purchase the Undy Sunday items that their clients most-need. Items purchased from the Amazon Wish List will be sent directly to Catholic Charities.
- Your generosity and help during this difficult time is greatly appreciated. Know that your contribution makes a huge difference in the lives of the poor and vulnerable in our community.
- For questions on Undy Sunday please email Maybird D’Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpha @ OLM registration https://olmercy.com/alpha/
- Virtual Alpha registration is open-ended! It’s never too late to sign-up. Do you have questions? Are you looking for a place to find authentic community right now? Try Alpha.
Email communication platforms – Moving from Constant Contact to Flocknote
- Please note that after 11/7th we will be using Flocknote for our weekly/parish wide updates. Flocknote is free and through Flocknote you will receive our emails as well as watch any of Bishop Barron’s Word on Fire content. Sign up to receive this weekly update via Flocknote at this link