Details of the study
- We all know that Lent is a time of prayer and fasting, but did you realize that Lent is also a time to prepare you for the renewal of your baptismal promises on Easter Sunday?
- A booklet will be provided as a prayer resource that seeks to awaken our awareness of God’s unending grace given to us in the sacrament of Baptism.
- There will be personal reflection questions and Scripture passage to consider in your prayer throughout the six weeks of Lent.
- The program will be offered in-person (50 max) and Zoom. Upon registration, zoom link details will be sent.
- Starts Wednesday 2/24th for 6 weeks 7pm – 8:30pm
REGISTRATION IS FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS. Don’t forget to bring a friend or share the information with those who may be interested in the study.
More details on the study
During Lent, the Church invites us to reflect on those times that we have turned away from God and consider how we can return to him in all we say and do.
Living Your Baptism in Lent: Weekly Reflections for Your Journey helps us respond to this invitation by reflecting on their relationship with God. Through the grace of our Baptism, we have become sons and daughters of God. As such, we are strengthened by the Holy Spirit to reject sin and choose instead to follow God.
Each week, we will consider this choice as they reflect on the questions asked before Baptism. These questions, or baptismal promises, shape our understanding of what it means to live a Christian life. They call us to become witnesses of our faith to others, especially to those who are preparing to be baptized at the Easter Vigil.
Our Lenten journey leads us to the celebration of Easter, where we renew our baptismal promises and rejoice in the salvation gained for us by Christ’s Resurrection.
Each week’s reflection ends with questions and Scripture passages to use in individual prayer.
The entire Christian life springs forth as a new life in Christ through Baptism