Protecting our Children:
- Creating a Safe Environment for our Children
- Diocese of Joliet Safe Environment
- Information on Rehab for drug, alcohol and other addictions: https://www.addictionresource.net/treatment/inpatient/.
- Guide filled with informative facts & guidance regarding substance abuse: https://www.addictionresource.net/best-drug-rehab-centers/illinois/
- Catholic Response to 13 Reasons Why, season 2 on Netflix
Prayer & Scripture:
- Overview of a Comprehensive Youth Ministry
- L.I.G.H.T. Youth Ministry YOUTUBE Channel
- FORMED ONLINE Multimedia Details Here
Sign Up for Reminders
- Get reminders for the L.I.G.H.T. Youth Ministry Program AND/OR the L.I.G.H.T. Teen Youth Group. Details Here!
- NEW! 6 Stats on How Social Media Affects Teens that Parents Need to Know
- Pass A Legacy of Faith to Your Kids
Passing on a legacy of faith from generation to generation sounds like a great idea, but where does a parent begin?
- Parenting and Denial
Parental denial actually puts their teenagers at greater risk of being hurt along the journey of adolescence.
- Adolescence is a Season of Pressure
On the outside, most young people seem happy-go-lucky, but inside each adolescent is a complex network of potentially explosive pressures.
- Adolescent Research: Teens Embracing Marijuana
In the United States there is a growing trend toward teen acceptance of marijuana use as a normal part of American culture. What’s a parent to do?
- Moving Beyond the Holi-Daze
10 tips for getting ready for a more enjoyable and meaningful holiday season.
- God is Good – Give Thanks!
There’s always at least one good reason to give thanks this holiday season: God is good!
- Handling Family Conflicts Over the Holidays
The holiday season is the perfect environment for flare-ups between parents and kids. Learn how to set the stage for less conflict.
- Improving Communication with Your Teenager
Five tips on how to improve communication with your teenagers.
- Confession is Good for the Soul – and Your Family
Being honest about your shortcomings helps improve communication with your teen.
- Parenting: Tips to Help You Get Through the Day
Simple, yet powerful steps parents can take to ensure that we continue to influence our teens.
- How to minimize teenage risks
Learn how to minimize the negative impact of teenage risks.
- Pull out all the stops
Helpful suggestions for navigating times of crisis with your teenager.
- Sexting: Teens at Risk
How to help prevent kids from making poor choices and suffering consequences of sexting.
- Three costly teenage risk -behaviors
Are today’s teenagers engaging in more risky behaviors than teenagers did in the past?