July 1, 2022 | Parish Update
Welcoming Father Michael & Summer Days @ OLM
From Father Michael . . .
We look forward to seeing you at any of the Mass times this weekend, especially as we welcome our new Pastor, Father Michael who will be preaching at all Masses. Let us welcome him with much love and support!
THIS COMING WEEK
- Please consider donating nonperishable items to the food pantry. The collection is the first weekend of the month. Our next collection is July 2nd and 3rd. The collection bin will be located in the Atrium (Door B Entrance). This collection is separate from the collection for PADS that supports Hesed House Homeless Shelter. Thank you!
- Start your July 4th Celebration by coming to Mass, come and pray for our country; we hope to see you @ 9am on 7/4th
- Please note that the Parish Offices will be closed, and there is no Eucharistic Adoration or evening Spanish Mass.
PADS Hesed House 7/5
- The monthly PADS Hesed House Homeless Shelter will not be accepting food donations in the month of July, rather please consider donating monetarily. This is because our monthly commitment falls on the 4th of July holiday weekend. We will use the monetary donations towards buying a fried chicken feast with all the fixings for Hesed House.
- All young adults are invited to join the Consuming Fire Young Adult Community. This group meets every Tuesday from 7pm to 8:30pm in Room 211. We gather to eat, pray, and ‘do life together’!
- From the weekly Tuesday gatherings to additional social gatherings (hiking, dinner at someone’s home or at a restaurant, Friday evening volleyball, and Sunday softball), there are so many good reasons to join this fun awesome group! Want more information? Sign up HERE
- They are continuing a series called “Sharing Christ” details and registration are found here. See you on Wednesdays at 7pm. The group also gathers socially once a month and also has volunteer gatherings at Feed My Starving Children.
- Connect with Bob Maxwell our Salt and Light Grow Group Leader at email@example.com or 630-962-8464.
- Do you know anyone or are you seeking answers about the Catholic annulment process after having gone through the pain of divorce? Come to the book study at Vines & Branches Grow Group where you will go through “Mending the Heart: a Catholic Annulment Companion” by Lisa Duffy. Meets on Wednesdays at 7pm, please register here
- Mary’s Squad workouts are on Saturday mornings at 8:30am are now in-person.
- Workout details are: stretch and strengthening mat workout while we pray the rosary. Concludes with 10 minutes of meditative silent prayer followed by group prayer intentions.
- Please reach out to Juanita Pacheco firstname.lastname@example.org, one of the leads, and let them know you will be joining them; they are looking forward to welcoming you.
- On Saturday, 7/9 at 6pm is the Charismatic Healing Mass. A healing Mass is a normal Mass, but it has a special focus on God’s healing power; this will be reflected in the songs, prayers, and scripture readings. If you’re in need of God’s healing grace, come to the Charismatic Healing Mass.
- Following all the Mass times will be an open house and hospitality family gatherings for the Family Faith Formation. Come, meet other families on a similar journey as you, and bring any questions you may have about the offerings we have for the parents and the children that start in the fall.
- Check out the Family Faith Formation website for further details.
- O.C.I A., the Order of Christian Initiation for Adults, is the amazing journey of entering into the fullness of the Catholic faith. We will help you to learn, grow, find community, and prepare for the fullness of life that God desires for us all!
- Even if you’re unsure with where you’re at regarding becoming Catholic or receiving all your sacraments, please fill out this form so that we can know how best to help! You are also welcome to reach out to Fr. James at email@example.com
Please bring back the Baby Bottle for Life
- Thank you to everyone who has taken part in our 2022 Waterleaf Baby Bottles for Life campaign that supports the life-affirming programs and services of the Waterleaf Medical Clinic and their Aspire Education and Resource Center located in Aurora. Don’t forget to return your filled Baby Bottles with you to Mass this weekend or anytime during the week. There is a bin in front of the Welcome Desk you can place it at.
- The first gathering for the book study was awesome; 40 women had a wonderful time!
- It’s not too late to join the “Summer Girl’s Night Out Undone Book Study” gathering once a month during the summer. With good food and good discussions with good friends on a summer weeknight @ 6:30pm at unique local establishments; we hope you are able to make it. The next GNO dates are Weds 7/10@ Quigley’s Irish Pub in downtown Naperville, Weds 8/10 @ Altiro Latin Fusion in downtown Aurora and Weds 9/14 @ Minghin Chinese Dim Sum in Naperville.
- Registration and further details are found HERE.
- Undone: Freeing your Feminine Heart from the Knots of Fear and Shame by Carrie Schuchts Daunt is a book with a collection of raw and redemptive testimonies from Catholic women such as Lisa Brenninkmeyer and Jen Settle which offers an opportunity to discover what is true and what is healing in areas where we may have struggled in our identities as a daughter, sister, bride, and mother.
Purchase the book now and read one chapter (part) before each gathering. Here are links to the book at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or at the JPII Healing Center site
Healing Hearts Ministry 7/18
- All of us have experienced joys and sorrows, ups and downs, accomplishments and disappointments in our lives. There may have been times that resulted in brokenness or heavy hearts that affect our attitude and way of living. The Open HEARTS Ministry has changed its name to Healing Hearts as it is a ministry for anyone 18 years of age or older who would like to practice self-care for their own health and wellness and would also like to reach out to others to offer healing and hope.
- The next gathering is on Monday, July 18 from 7pm to 8:30pm in Room 218 in the Parish Life Center. If you have questions, need resources or support, or would like to learn more about the ministry, please contact Janice Hurtado Aeppli at 312-217-7872 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All are invited to attend the St. Peregrine Prayer Service on Tuesday, July 19 in the church after the 6:30pm Mass with Deacon Tony Leazzo and Jolene LeRoy RN, Parish Nurse and Director of Pastoral Care.
- St. Peregrine is the patron saint of the sick, especially those experiencing cancer, serious illness or chronic illness. Anyone experiencing physical, emotional, mental or spiritual health concerns would benefit from attending the prayer service. There will be time after the service to venerate the relic of St. Peregrine and pray for your personal needs or intentions.
St. Vincent de Paul Truck 7/23 thru 7/24
- The St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) truck will be in our parking lot on 7/26 and 7/24 for the clothing drive. Pick up one of the SVDP bags to place your donated items.
- Clear out your closets for a good cause and repurpose the following items by donating them to St. Vincent De Paul. Your donated items are sold at reasonable prices at thrift shops so needy families can shop with dignity. The sale proceeds from the thrift shops go into a general assistance fund where parishes source help for families needing assistance with rent, mortgage, or utility assistance.
Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast 7/24
- Eat pancake for a good cause! Please join the Knights of Columbus for a delicious pancake breakfast on Sunday July 24 from 8am to noon. All proceeds will be used to buy new coats for the “Coats for Kids” program and donated to Catholic Charities.
- If you are experiencing grief and would like to join others for a time of sharing stories, tears and laughter, prayer, and moving forward in hope – please come on Monday, July 25 from 11am to 1pm in the Ministry Room located in the church. There is no registration. This is an opportunity to receive support and understanding during your grief journey. If you have questions, please call Jolene LeRoy RN Parish Nurse and Director of Pastoral Care at 331-707-5380.
- Come Play Baseball with Father Burke Masters! Join the Catholic Sports Summer Camp from 7/25-7/26 at Montini High School. Open to boys and girls ages 8—12. This camp includes baseball skills & training, daily Mass, rosary, adoration, and confession.
- Cost is $150, but scholarships are available. Register now at catholicsportscamps.org
- Monthly Magnify is on Wednesday 7/27th when we host a night of adoration in the church with praise and worship by Josh Goodman to supplement that encounter with Jesus. Father Michael will be hearing confessions after his scriptural reflection up through Benediction. There is also prayer ministry.
- We pray that you come and spend time in prayer with Jesus, encountering Him in a special way. He is personally inviting you to come and share your heart with Him. Join us anytime from 7pm — 8:30pm in the Church. Don’t forget to bring the children, neighbors, and friends.
Vacation Bible School 8/1 thru 8/5
- Discover that trusting Jesus pulls kids through life’s ups and downs. Each day at Monumental VBS, participants trek through fun and engaging rotations that reinforce relevant Bible Points and immerse kids in new adventures. They will sing, dance, experience living Bible stories firsthand, meet a new saint each day, play high-energy games, make new friends, and explore Bible points with hands-on crafts!
- VBS will take place August 1st-5th from 9am thru 12pm/Noon. Friday will include a closing family picnic. More information and registration details can be found here.
- As of this email, only 30 spots are available so please register soon.
- Hey OLM Parishioners and OLM Neighbors come and welcome our new Pastor!! Bring your families and friends to join us for an Outdoor Welcome Reception Pig Roast for Father Michael on Sunday, August 7, from 2-6pm at Our Lady of Mercy. The event will take place outside on the OLM lawn. Tickets for the event are $2 per person and children 3 and younger are Free. Tickets will be sold after each mass at the front desk in the PLC on the following days: July 16-17, 23-24, 30-31, and can be purchased at the parish office during business hours Monday-Friday.
Come join us for an afternoon of food, fellowship, and entertainment. You won’t want to miss it!
- Join the celebration on Sunday, August 28th at 2:00 pm at the Cathedral of St. Raymond in Joliet
- If you are celebrating either your 25th or 50th anniversary this year, please email your names, address, and how many years you have been married to the Diocese for a formal invitation to: email@example.com
- Those celebrating over 50-year anniversaries do not receive a formal invitation but will be able to register to attend at a later date.
OLM Bowling League August 2022 thru May 2023
- Do not spend another fall, winter, and spring cooped up in your home!!! Come out and join the OLM Mixed Bowling League. You need not be a good bowler. You only need to come out and enjoy some safe time out with fellow parishioners for one Friday a month. If you have thought about joining a league, now is the time to give it a try. There are 4 players to a team, but we will build a team for <4 players who wish to join. Fees are $17/person per month.
- The league will be one Friday/month from August through May, skipping December. If you have questions and/or would like to join the league, please give Dan Panozzo a call at 815- 302-4111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come on out and join the fun!
Undone Freedom for the Feminine Heart 9/22 thru 9/24
- Save the Date for the Women’s Conference from John Paull II Healing Center – Undone – Freedom for the Feminine Heart taking place here at Our Lady of Mercy from Thursday 9/22 through Saturday 9/24. Registration opens 6/27th.
- Do you desire to dive deeper into the freedom that you were created for? Do you feel restricted and bound by the knots of sin and shame that conceal the profound beauty of your feminine heart?
Ladies, immerse yourself in a three-day conference of truth and transformation as the knots of Eve, in us, are undone by Mary’s example of radical receptivity. Through a series of talks, teachings, and prayer experiences, you will be invited to become Undone in God’s presence while deeply receiving the truth of your authentic identity. Let your friends know to save these dates as well, you won’t want to miss this conference.
- The Consuming Fire Young Adult Grow Group is looking to join the Joliet Diocese on a Pilgrimage to Lisbon, Portugal for World Youth Day 2023 from July 29 to August 7. Come and join them! This includes an optional pre-tour to Madrid from July 25 to 29. Proceed here for further details.
Bishop Hick’s Monthly Column on Eucharistic Revival
- In his June column, Bishop Hicks writes about the three-year National Eucharistic Revival, which begins Sunday, June 19, when we celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi. Read it HERE
Do you have a story to share of your time with Jesus in the Eucharist?
- In the Eucharist, Jesus wants to remind you that you are never alone, that He is with you. In your brokenness, sorrows, and frustrations, He is with you. In everything you face—when you’re tired, ready to give up, hanging on by a thread, Jesus says to you, “I AM HERE.”
- If you have experienced the above with Jesus, we invite you to share your story so as to inspire others to spend time with Jesus in the Eucharist, and to go to Holy Mass. Allow your story to be the vessel that can reach that person who Jesus is drawing to Himself more closely, especially those who are going through a tough time right now. Let us take part in the National Eucharistic Revival in a tangible way; come and share your story of your encounter with Jesus in the Eucharist. Connect with email@example.com to share your encounter.
Family Faith Formation Office is Hiring
- Coordinator of Family & Youth Evangelization & Catechesis for Grades 6-12 Youth Ministry – LIGHT & EDGE
We are seeking a part-time Coordinator for Family and Youth Catechesis and Evangelization for Grades 6-12. The Coordinator will work with a ministry team to develop and grow disciples for Christ and send them on mission. The primary focus will be spent working with high school and middle school teens and their families in a variety of ministry settings. An applicant must have experience in youth or family ministry, have a Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies, or Pastoral Ministry or a related field and must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, and must know, profess and act consistently in accordance with the doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church, and with the mission, philosophy, objectives, and policies of the Diocese of Joliet. The position is 28 hours a week with no benefits.Please submit a resume to Dave Miserendino via email at DaveM@olmercy.com.
- The High School Teens attending this summer’s Mission Trip to Ohio want to thank everyone for their support of our past Rummage Sale. Your donations, support, and prayers helped us raise over $6700 for the trip.
Praise God and thanks so much!
Building a Community Garden on Parish Grounds
- Do you have a green thumb? Or perhaps you like gardening and are good at caring for plants? Connect with the Justice & Peace Ministry, who has carved out a Community Garden at Our Lady of Mercy parish grounds. Produce from the Community Garden will be given to local organizations such as Hesed House and local food pantries. Please contact Ida at 630-605-6038 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris at 631-561-9722 or email@example.com.
Did You Know We Have a Parish School?
- All Saints Catholic Academy (ASCA) located at 1155 Aurora Ave, Naperville is our parish school!
- Are you a parent with preschool, elementary, and middle school-aged children struggling with the antithetical Christian values the government schools are indoctrinating the children who attend the government schools? You’re not alone.
- Join a growing number of OLM parents who have made the movement! Consider connecting with some of the families who have made the move from sending their child(ren) to public school to All Saints Catholic Academy.
- Connect with Patty Bajek at (630) 961-6125, or firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and schedule a personalized tour. Or peruse their website to explore your interest.
- Thank you for your support of our clothing drive. Your clothing donation, as well as your financial donations throughout the year, allows us to help our parishioners and neighbors in need. In the last quarter of 2021, we provided assistance to 35 people/families.
- The ministry is always looking for volunteers to join our St. Vincent de Paul Society in assisting our neighbors in need. If you would like to volunteer or learn more, send an email to email@example.com with your name and contact information.
- Check out the weekly Bulletin located here.
- Thank you so much to those who have pledged! Once we have reached our goal in paid pledges, 70% of the additional funds received will be returned to our parish.
- Father Don and Bishop Hicks are asking us to join them in pledging to the CMAA to help the poor and vulnerable, form our future shepherds, and spread the faith through our Catholic schools, faith formation programs in parishes, and programs for young adults.
- Donations can be made here Check out how your gifts to the CMAA help at this link. Thank you for your consideration.
- Please proceed here for the OLM Hispanic Ministry’s upcoming events and resources.
Continúe aquí para conocer los próximos eventos y recursos del Ministerio Hispano de OLM.
- There will be Stations of the Cross in Spanish every 2nd Wednesday of the month after the 12pm Mass.
A partir de la próxima semana, habrá Estaciones de la Cruz en español cada segundo miércoles del mes después de la misa de las 12 pm.
- How can we be praying for you today?
There are times when life is overwhelming when all we have is questions. In those moments, hope can feel far away. The great thing about prayer is that it shifts our perspective toward the One who stands ready to listen. No matter what you’re facing, we’d love to pray with you. Submit your prayer requests at this link
- Prayer Ministry takes place monthly at MAGNIFY and on the last weekend of the month Mass times. Prayer ministry is an opportunity for those in need of physical, emotional, or spiritual healing or with a specific intention. Come as an individual, as a couple, or as. a family and receive prayer for yourself or request prayers for someone in need. Listen and receive the prayers while being open to the Holy Spirit’s movement. Trained prayer ministers are available.
- If you haven’t done so, we encourage you to download the Our Lady of Mercy app available to download for iPhone and Android smartphones. Or text APP to 88202 to download.
- Stay connected with our parish throughout the week with instant notifications, an easy-to-access event calendar, and the ability to quickly reply to or share messages via Facebook or Twitter. Also enjoy a bunch of additional features like prayers, daily readings, helpful reminders to silence your phone before Mass or Confession, and much more.
- Our online giving link has been updated by our provider (OSV), please be sure to update your bookmark, below is the link.
- The myParish App “Giving” button has been updated. Don’t have the myParish App yet? Text APP to 88202 to download! Receive this update, instant news, and get access to the parish calendar, daily readings, and Confession guide among a plethora of things.
Grow Groups | We continue to launch Grow Groups, one group at a time.
Connect with firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
World Youth Day 2023. The Consuming Fire Young Adult Grow Group is looking to join the Joliet Diocese on a Pilgrimage to Lisbon, Portugal for World Youth Day 2023 from July 29 to August 7. This includes an optional pre-tour to Madrid from July 25 to 29. Proceed here for further details.
SALT AND LIGHT GROW GROUP
Mission. “Encounter/Grow/Witness” is the threefold dimension of the Christian life. Once we encounter Jesus, we are then called to grow daily as His disciples. Grow Groups are one way Our Lady of Mercy is responding to our missionary identity where we are called to help parishioners grow continually in discipleship.
GROW YOUR FAITH
FREE ONLINE RESOURCES In this section, you will find free conferences, webinars, and studies that you can freely take part in that can grow your faith.
Diving into the beauty of the Faith has never been easier: at home, on the go, or from any internet-connected device. Discover thousands of books, audio talks, movies, documentaries, and studies… there is something for every member of the family to help them grow closer to Christ and His Church.
- Visit http://signup.formed.org/
- Enter our parish zip or name
- Enter your name and email
Check out our “Eucharist Resources” page to help us understand deeply the centrality of the Eucharist in our lives.
From Augustine Institute comes this NEW AND FREE Catholic prayer app that inspires your daily conversation with God through faithful meditations and nourishing Scripture. There is also Family Content: Enjoy and share family-favorite audio from the series Brother Francis and the Jesus Stories. Please enjoy this latest offering from the Augustine Institute.
Hallow is a Catholic prayer & meditation app that helps users deepen their relationship with God through contemplative prayer and strengthen one’s mental health in the process. Easy-to-use, audio-guided sessions anywhere from 1 to 60 minutes long. Pray your own way with a personalized prayer plan pulling from 3,000+ unique sessions including the Lectio Divina on the Daily Gospel, Rosary, Examen, Night Prayer, Calm & Humility “Praylists” and much more. Hallow Light is free. Hallow Plus is $5 per month ($60 per year). Sign up for either one here.
WORD ON FIRE
Did you know that you have complete access to Bishop Barron’s Word on Fire ENGAGE video library! Check out this link to watch any of the videos whenever you want without ever having to login.
Not sure where to start? How about checking out the short 5 episode series on The Eucharist This fresh look at the Eucharist brings to light its reality as sacred meal, the sacrifice necessary for communion with God, and the real presence of Christ.
Looking for authentically Catholic content for men? Look no further than HeroicMen.com—the all-new, 100% FREE Catholic streaming platform for men.
Learn about your faith from today’s best Catholic speakers—and do it all from the convenience of home. Stream-on-demand from your phone or tablet, too, for quality Catholic content on the go. Get it all—for FREE – at HeroicMen.com
Have you wanted to get to know St. Thomas Aquinas and his writings more so as to grow closer to Jesus?
Sign up for any of the short and free courses at Aquinas 101 a project of the
Thomistic Institute seeks to promote understanding of the thought of St. Thomas Aquinas, the eminent 13th-century philosopher, and theologian.
Aquinas is a masterful interpreter of reality. His writings assist us in answering perennial questions on topics like God, man, the natural world, law, and morality, and questions of special relevance to our time like the relationship between modern science and faith or pursuing happiness in the digital era.
If you have physical, mental, emotional or spiritual health concerns or questions about end-of-life issues, funeral planning, journeying through grief, caregiving for a loved one or are homebound, please contact Jolene LeRoy RN Parish Nurse and Director of Pastoral Care for support and resources at email@example.com or 331-707-5380.
HEALING HEARTS MINISTRY
All of us have experienced joys and sorrows, ups and downs, accomplishments and disappointments in our lives. There may have been times that resulted in brokenness or heavy hearts that affect our attitude and way of living. The Open HEARTS Ministry has changed its name to Healing Hearts as it is a ministry for anyone 18 years of age or older who would like to practice self-care for their own health and wellness and would also like to reach out to others to offer healing and hope.
If you are in need of emotional or mental health support or resources, please contact Janice Hurtado Aeppli at 321-217- 7872 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you find yourself struggling in overcoming your battle with pornography? Restore is a weekly (anonymous) meeting where men lean on each other for support and accountability and share ideas as to how to strengthen our resolve to stay on God’s path of chastity. All men are welcome, whether you have been free of pornography addiction for many years or struggle with it every single day.
If you are ready to start breaking free from the grips of pornography and want to Restore your life email us at Restore.email@example.com to find out more information on when and where we meet.
GRIEF SUPPORT MINISTRY
If you are experiencing grief and would like to join others for a time of sharing stories, tears and laughter, prayer, and moving forward in hope – please come on Monday, June 27 from 11am to 1pm in the Ministry Room located in the church. There is no registration. This is an opportunity to receive support and understanding during your grief journey. If you have questions, please call Jolene LeRoy RN Parish Nurse and Director of Pastoral Care at 331-707-5380.
SAVE THE DATES