April 24, 2021 | Weekly Update
It’s the weekly update for the 4th Week of Easter and… “I Am the Good Shepherd,” Jesus says
He goes on further to say, “A good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11). Check out the video on the Flocknote email that can help us prepare our hearts to go to Mass this weekend where the Deacons will be preaching. Let us hear further what it means to truly love. Yes, to love means to lay your life down for the good of the other person. But this is far easier said than done; it’s difficult to prioritize other people or allow ourselves to be joyfully inconvenienced. But in dying to our own wishes and egos, we start to become self-gifts in imitation of the sacrifice of Jesus. In little and in large ways, we are called to love in imitation of Jesus Christ who reveals this inner dynamic of who God is: “God is love.” (1 John 4:16). Looking forward to seeing you this weekend in-person or online please don’t forget to sign in ahead of time here or at the door.
- This weekend is the last day to sign up for work you would like our Teens to do.
- Teens from our LIGHT youth ministry program are hosting a Day of Service in the community. To help with the cost of the trip they are asking you to put them to work for you!
- How does it work? Do you have an outdoor job you simply don’t have the time or desire to do such as mulching, weeding, fence painting, yard clean-up, etc. Fill out the slip at this link and return it to OLM by April 25th. You will receive a call a few days later to confirm the job and location….and at the designated time (we arrange transportation), “SUPERTEENS” will arrive to do the work on May 1! Our teens and adult leaders will all wear masks and practice social distancing for safety.
You can drop off the form in the dropbox located in the lobby of the PLC. Connect with Ann Marie at (331) 431-3729 or Dave at DaveM@olmercy.comwith any questions.
- Returning again is the Ascension Press Bible Timeline study on Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm starting on 4/27th for 22 weeks with summer break.
- This is an awesome study; it conveys the biblical story from beginning to end and will give you the keys to understanding the amazing story woven throughout Scripture. It is an awesome way to understand the Bible and more importantly our own story—our faith history and how things came to be. Connect with Joe Glasgow at email@example.com details.
- Purchase the workbook and sign-up at https://bit.ly/3dQ2PB4
- Saturday 5/1st is the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, there will be a “Blessing of Tools” on that day at 12pm at the west end of the parking lot.
- Get closer to St. Joseph. It’s not too late to sign up for the 9-day novena. When you sign up, you will receive an email every day through 5/1st with the novena prayers. Sign up at this link
- When. Sunday afternoons and evenings.
- Location. Pierce Field in Aurora (about 10 minutes from OLM)
- Type of League. Will be playing against other local church groups. 12-inch softball (with gloves/mitts). It starts in early May and goes until August.
- Age Range. 13-99.
- Two teams
- Consuming Fire Young Adult Group 18-35
- For all 13-99 including teens, families, etc.
- Duration. Early May through August.
- Sign up & Details at this link.
- Did you get an email this weekend from a fake Father Don?
- Please remember, Father Don and Father James DO NOT send texts or emails asking for money or gift cards. If you receive a message appearing to be from Father Don or Father James, please discard it and DO NOT SEND ANY ELECTRONIC MONETARY AID.
- Like the Mother of God – mothers, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, godmothers – are called to personify faith to our families and to the world. What does it mean to be “faith personified”? We can learn so much from Our Blessed Mother, from our own relationships with each other, and from our relationship with God.
- Come together in community to start the month of May with the focus on Our Blessed Mother Mary. Register to receive the ZOOM link with Jolene LeRoy RN Director of Pastoral Care at 331-707-5380 or at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30.
- Please help our brothers and sisters in need; sign up at this link for any of the items posted above or send funds via the Give page or checks payable to Our Lady of Mercy and note on the memo “Hesed House-PAD”. Thank you so much for your generosity.
- For those new to our parish. Find out more of the OLM PADS/Hesed House ministry in the “Did you know?” section below.
‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’— Matthew 25:40
- Accountability partners, weekly small groups, monthly large groups, and commitment cards. Fr Burke Masters wiill continue to offer daily videos based on the Mass readings of the day. New to Season 2 are daily videos from him on Book 4 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which we will cover in 90 days. We will also offer small groups for couples, while still offering women’s groups and men’s groups. The men and women will have the same curriculum. We are offering a prayer journal online or in printed form. There is no cost to participate, but we suggest a donation to expand the reach of Be Formed.
- Check out this video for more details.
- The registration link can be found here.
- Are you in need of renewal of your faith? Do you need a break from your busy schedule of personal, business, and family obligations so that you can refresh yourself spiritually and renew your heart?
- Come to the Renewal Weekends: Women’s Renewal Weekend is on 5/15 thru 5/16, Men’s Renewal Weekend is on 5/22 thru 5/23.
- Proceed to this link for details and sign-up. We pray you sign-up soon as spots are filling up fast. COVID safety notes: we follow the Diocesan Covid guidelines.
- Connect with Kevin Nemetz @ 630.301.2312 Kevin@tix4cause.com or Vicki Petersen @ 708.250.7634 email@example.com
- How exciting to have a Bible Study on the book of Revelation! Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm starting on 5/12th for 11 weeks until 7/21st.
- Discover what the mysterious figures and images of Revelation mean and see how Revelation is more than an apocalyptic vision of the “end times.” Explore the Church’s teaching on the second coming of Christ and the Last Judgment. Connect with Joe Wiacek at firstname.lastname@example.org details.
- Purchase the workbook and sign-up at https://bit.ly/2QcDTu9
- Don’t forget to check out Father Don’s insightful weekly Bulletin article located here.
- The Diocesan Catholic Ministries Annual Appeal (CMAA) allows us, together, to do our part in building God’s kingdom here on earth. Father Don and Bishop Hicks are asking us to join them in supporting the CMAA to help the poor and vulnerable, form our future shepherds, and spread the faith through our Catholic schools, faith formation programs in parishes, and programs for young adults.
- Our parish’s goal for the 2021 CMAA is $154,400, with 70 percent of any amount we raise over this goal returned to us for our use.
- If you wish to donate now, please click here https://bit.ly/2MOQHVY Read the following report at this link https://bit.ly/3dd154Xon how your gifts to the CMAA helps. For further details, please click here https://bit.ly/3jQxf7i Thank you for prayerfully considering supporting the 30 ministries and shining Jesus’ light brightly in our diocese.
- Please proceed herefor the OLM Hispanic Ministry upcoming events and resources.
Continúe aquí para conocer los próximos eventos y recursos del Ministerio Hispano de OLM.
- There will be Stations of the Cross in Spanish every 2nd Wednesday of the month after the 12pm Mass.
A partir de la próxima semana, habrá Estaciones de la Cruz en español cada segundo miércoles del mes después de la misa de las 12 pm.
- Serie: María en el Nuevo Testamento
- Si quieres recibir los materiales de esta clase, y participar de la rifa de algunos libros, regístrate en el siguiente formulario: https://forms.office.com/r/impuxaABSZ
- Mayo es el mes dedicado a María, para ayudarnos a conocer mas sobre la Madre de Dios, durante 4 lunes de Mayo, William Becerra enseñará como los cuatro evangelios canónicos presentan a María en sus narrativas y su significado teológico.
Participa en estas clases de Biblia totalmente gratis, por el canal YouTube o la página de Facebook de la Oficina de Ministerio Hispano de la Diócesis de Joliet, los lunes 10, 17, 24, y 31 de Mayo de 8:00 a 9:00 PM, Hora del Centro.
La serie estará disponible en:
- As we continue to welcome more Mass attendees, we started livestreaming the 4pm, and 12pm Mass times (in addition to the 10am Mass). This is so that when we’ve reached the social distancing capacity inside the Church, we proceed to invite people to watch the Mass inside the gym where the livestream is being shown.
- We are seeking creative individuals who are interested in joining our “Stream Team” to help. It is fun, easy and fulfilling to take part in. If you are interested or know someone who would enjoy volunteering in this role, please connect with email@example.com
How can we be praying for you today?
There are times when life is overwhelming when all we have is questions. In those moments, hope can feel far away. The great thing about prayer is that it shifts our perspective toward the One who stands ready to listen. No matter what you’re facing, we’d love to pray with you. Submit your prayer requests at this link
that we have an awesome ministry called OLM HESED HOUSE/PADS?
Ministry vision. Public Action to Deliver Shelter, also known as PADS, is a ministry to the homeless and very poor. We work in conjunction with Hesed House in Aurora to provide the food, supplies, and volunteers to serve a meal and provide hospitality.
Who. Hesed House/PADS is a homeless shelter in Aurora that provides individuals and families with shelter, food, and unconditional hospitality.
When. First Tuesday of the Month Dinner
Where. Drop donated items at the atrium, the entrance area where the TV Monitor showing the schedule is or donate via check or electronically at our Give page (just click on this link) with a note “For Hesed House-PADS”
For items to donate
Connect. With Jean Rehmer firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
As we continue to celebrate this Easter season, and to ponder at length the practical difference the resurrection of Jesus makes in our lives, let us pray for opportunities to let others know there is a merciful and gracious Savior who desires to wash away their sins by His own Blood, inviting them to Mass and even invite them to the upcoming CRHP Christ Renews His Parish Renewal Weekends.
Last week we heard from Erica, this week we hear from Wendy Jo who initially was talking herself out of attending.
Talking Myself Out of Attending the Retreat
Listen to how Wendy Jo made a movement from talking herself out to attending the retreat to actually attending and how that restless decision bore an extraordinary outcome for her, where she was re-energized, inspired, and transformed as a result of attending the CRHP Christ Renews His Parish Renewal Weekend.
Details and registration at this link https://www.crhpatolm.com/
Sign-up soon for spots are filling up fast.
Take this opportunity that we couldn’t even have a year ago and find out who you are in Him and who He is in you!