Adult/Parent NEW Volunteer Application Form
- if you are a new volunteer working with children at Our Lady of Mercy, you must first complete the Volunteer Application at your earliest convenience. Once your application is approved, our safe environment coordinator, Jean Palasz, will guide you through the instructions for taking the online Protecting God's Children workshop, reading and signing diocesan acknowledgement forms, and completing a name-based background check. These requirements must be completed before volunteering.Please print and return the completed form to the R.E. office by June 16th.
Adult/ Parent Volunteers Needed!
How would you like to use your gifts and talents at VBS TREASURED? Where can you help campers discover they are priceless to God? Many adult volunteers are needed to make VBS 2021 a success. See the volunteer descriptions and select your first two volunteer preferences below.
- Decorating Team - Gather with a committee to share input on how to transform our stage and learning stations into a TREASURED experience for the campers.
Planning date: Friday, July 16, 6:30-7:30 PM, Decorating date: Sunday, August 1st, 1-3:30 PM
- Music and Skit Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team facilitating super-fun skits and movement to songs.
- Bible Adventures and Craft Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team to enact the Bible story of the day, facilitate a short discussion and assist campers with a Bible craft that reinforces the story.
- Saint Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team members by discussing a prepared saint script that team member will take turns presenting in costume as a short, first person narrative. Campers then volunteer to ask preplanned questions that the Saint of the day will answer for the group.
- Jungle Gym Game Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team by organizing and teaching them how to play a variety of outdoor cooperative games with an encouraging team spirit
- Imagination Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team by teaching them the connection between each day's gizmo or gadget to the Bible point of the day. Show them the process and helpful strategies of putting together each gizmo.
- Adult/Parent Guides- Equip your two teen crew leaders to serve their group of campers as you safely oversee and guide them from station-to-station.
- Service Creation Station - Lead or Co-Lead your team to facilitate kid-friendly service projects that connect to each day's Bible point and putting it into action.
Please select your first and second volunteer area that you prefer.
Adult Volunteer Meeting
All adult/parent station leaders, co-leaders, and guides please make every effort to attend one of the two planning meetings. THANK YOU!!
Comments or Questions
Please click submit when you are finished filling out the form. Thank you!