VBS registration is now Closed. Please contact the R.E. Office with questions.
We are THRILLED to have 100 STUDENTS registered for Rocky Railway VBS-AT-HOME!
IT’S TIME TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD(REN)’S ROCKY RAILWAY,
VBS-AT-HOME STUDENT BAGS!!!
Look for the orange cones in our parking lot to enter the drive-through pick-up for your child’s VBS-AT-Home Student Bags
Our Lady of Mercy Church Parking Lot Pick-Up of Student VBS Bags:
Thursday, July 9: 11:00am-1:00pm and 3:30-5:30pm
Friday, July 10: 11:00am-1:00pm and 3:30-5:30pm
Each student VBS-AT-HOME Bag includes:
- Package of Bible Memory Buddies with sturdy “Trust Jesus” carabiner!
- Tracking with Jesus Bible Book!
- Five Imagination Station, Craft Kits!
- Five Saint Cards with Picture & Prayers!
- “Watch for God” Wrist Band!
- Rocky Railway Iron-on Transfers- one per child!
- Rocky Railway CD- one per family!
First Week of Virtual VBS-AT-Home Begins: Sunday, July 12
VBS Recordings and Activities will be sent to you through our Flocknote platform!
Details & Registration for Our Lady of Mercy Rocky Railway VBS-At-Home
COVID-19 has come through our lives like a freight train and derailed countless plans, routines, and expectations. This summer, more than ever, Our Lady of Mercy Parish would like to offer an at-home event for children and their parents to renew hope in Jesus and feel an abundance of God’s love through Our Sunday Visitor’s, VBS-At-Home program.
Already familiar with the details for VBS-At-Home?
What is VBS-At-Home?
- VBS-At-Home is a blended learning experience combining online content and hands-on resources with faith discussions best suited for children, preschool through grade 5. With R.E. staff and volunteer support, you will be equipped as parents to guide your child(ren) through the VBS-At-Home program. This is an opportunity for everyone in your household to process what difference Jesus makes in your lives, especially during this pandemic.
- The learning stations are adapted for home use and some learning experiences will be available online as pre-recorded videos such as Imagination Station, Saint of the Day and Catholic ID.
What is the Commitment of Parents?
- This is an overwhelming time for parents and that is why VBS-At-Home promises to be flexible and user-friendly. Our Sunday Visitor offers a once a week format that runs for five consecutive weeks. Each of the weekly experiences may be as short as a half hour and no longer than two hours, depending on the age of your child(ren) and the activities you select. The pre-recorded portion for each week will become available online by Sunday afternoon at olmercy.com (see dates below). This gives you, the parents, the freedom to choose what time during the week is best for you and your child(ren) to engage in Rocky Railway VBS-At-Home.
What are the Dates and Cost of VBS-At-Home?
- Week of July 5: Pick-up & Pay Days! Registrants will be given designated dates and times the week of July 5 to come to the OLM drive through line to pick up student packs and pay $12 per child (cash or check). Checks payable to Our Lady of Mercy. The cost covers the hands–on resources and 1 CD per family. No one is turned away because of an inability to pay! For a confidential conversation, contact Jean if in need of financial assistance. See her email and phone number below.
Sunday, July 12 Week 1 Jesus’ Power Pulls Us Through!
Sunday, July 19 Week 2 Jesus’ Power Gives Us Hope!
Sunday, July 26 Week 3 Jesus’ Power Helps Us Be Bold!
Sunday, Aug. 2 Week 4 Jesus’ Power Let’s Us Live Forever!
Sunday, Aug. 9 Week 5 Jesus’ Power Helps Us Be Good Friends!
How do you register for VBS-At-Home?
- All are welcome to register! Families who are not Catholic nor parishioners of Our Lady of Mercy are invited to register their children. Registration for Rocky Railway VBS-At-Home is now open on our parish website.
- Registration will close by June 19th. This will allow us time to order an accurate amount of “VBS-At-Home Student Packs” for all who wish to participate. Your kind cooperation with our June 19 deadline will give our volunteer team time to assemble the student packs and will help us be responsible stewards of parish finances.
Please contact the R.E. Office with questions at:
Jean Palasz at email@example.com OR (331)707-5369
Mary Jo Trapani at firstname.lastname@example.org OR (331)707-5378